Accenture announced a multi-year contract with UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions to implement a state-of-the-art Payments-Platform-as-a-Service (PPaaS) solution.
Accenture’s new PPaaS solution, which is built on DH Corporation’s (TSX: DH) (D+H) global payments services
hub software, is a highly scalable, pay-per-use solution that will process SEPA and international payments, and will adapt to new regulations and industry updates, as well as provide flexibility for future expansion.
UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions selected Accenture to implement and manage the service, with the first release scheduled in Austria. After roll-out in Austria, UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions intends to expand the implementation of the solution to other geographies, such as Italy and Germany.
“We are pleased to be the first client of Accenture’s Payments-Platform-as-a-Service solution, which brings together leading industry experience and capabilities from Accenture with D+H’s cutting-edge software; we believe this is an innovative solution that will enable us to better manage costs while delivering faster payments services for our clients,” said Daniele Savarè, head of PL Payments, UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions.
The vast majority of UniCredit’s business requirements will be covered by the out-of-the-box version of the solution, requiring minimal customization. The Group will benefit from the pay-per-use solution, including:
- Transformation and consolidation of its payments processing technology. The platform is capable of meeting current and future regulatory requirements and market standards, and will reduce the complexity and resources required to meet and comply with these requirements and standards.
- Increased straight-through processing (STP) rates. The platform will provide reduced operational risk and significantly less manual efforts.
- Scalability. The platform will provide a scalable base to fulfill future growth and expansions. UniCredit will immediately benefit from additional volume.
- Immediate and sustained cost reductions. The pay-per-use model will help keep long-term IT costs low and provides for a lower cost implementation.
- Future proof. The platform, supported by D+H’s payment processing hub, will meet the requirements of changing regulations and innovations, such as immediate payments and blockchain. Clients will also have easy access to the unmatched variety of local clearing connections, schemes and formats that D+H supports.
“European banks are facing a critical point in time as emerging technologies, changing consumer behavior, regulations and competition from new entrants are changing the payments landscape and putting additional pressure on revenues,” said Massimo Proverbio, senior managing director and global lead of Accenture Payment Services. “This new solution provides faster payments processing that is scalable, regulatory compliant and transparent, and will help banks better manage large payment transaction volumes at a lower cost.
The post Accenture implements payments processing platform – PPaaS – with UniCredit appeared first on Payments Cards & Mobile.