Spire Payments in collaboration with SoNet (authorised partner and well-known payment solution integrator in the Czech and Slovak regions) have announced the mass roll-out of over 6,000 POS devices for Komercni Banka (KB) in the Czech Republic.
This significant announcement represents the first mass deployment of open Linux-based, EMV and
contactless-capable terminals within the region.
KB selected the Spire Payments and SoNet solution for this fiercely competed contract based on multiple factors:
- Complete range of state-of-the-art products, including mPOS
- Comprehensive local service proposition provided by SoNet
- In-country personal key injection (PKI) capabilities
- payWave and PayPass certification of all devices (of particular note, portable: Wi-Fi)
- Innovative application architecture allowing the same approved application to reside on the entire product suite – including mPOS
- Reassurance of estate longevity thanks to the latest 3.x and 4.x PCI security certifications
Developed by SoNet, the certified application resides on the terminal range enabling EMV and contactless payments whilst providing additional functionality such as multi-currency cashback. Having successfully passed all acceptance testing and M-TIP/VpTT approvals, the mass deployment is planned over the next 6 months.
SoNet, who will be managing the roll-out was established in 1991 and has grown rapidly into a well-respected payment solution integrator. Renowned in the region for delivering new technologies and value-add applications to its customers, the implementation of Spire Payments’ latest state-of-the-art product suite continues the trend.
The post Spire roll-out of 6,000 POS devices in Czech Republic appeared first on Payments Cards & Mobile.