The Board of SIA, meeting under the chairmanship of Giuliano Asperti, has approved the Financial Statement at 31 December 2014.
All economic targets in terms of revenues and profitability in the 2014 Budget were amply surpassed. Another important goal reached was the consolidation of SIA’s international growth strategy, also through the development of the most important pan-European technology infrastructure for retail payments in Euro, which processes SEPA credit transfers in Italy, Finland, Ireland, Luxemburg and recently Germany too, in addition to the cross-border payments of all the major European commercial banks.
“In a context marked by the consolidation of payment systems in Europe, the results of 2014 have demonstrated how SIA has pursued the primary objective of overseas growth in a sector that is highly innovative and characterized by fierce competitive pressure. Our approach to the market has been rewarded thanks to the high level of reliability and security of the services provided to the customers”, commented Massimo Arrighetti, CEO of SIA.
- Net profit +27.5% at €59.6 million
- Operating margin +22.5% at €81.9 million
- Revenues +7% at €336.9 million
- Proposed to the shareholders, distribution of an ordinary dividend with a total value of €35.68 million corresponding to €0.21 per share
- Strong growth (+146%) in payment transactions processed in 2014, which reached
- 12 billion including 9.2 billion relating to credit transfers and collections (+316%) and 3 billion with cards (+9%)
- Increase (+5%) also in trading and post-trading operations, rising to 30.2 billion
- 326 thousand billion bytes of data carried (+11%) on the 180,000 km of the
- SIAnet network, with service levels of 100%
- Launch of “Jiffy”, the new “Person to Person” (P2P) payments service, an App permitting money transfer in real time by Smartphone to a user’s contacts, associating the IBAN code of the account with the phone number