105 organisations representing the full distributed ledger technology (DLT) ecosystem, including a number of big names from the financial services sector, announced their commitment to a new platform, the International Association of Trusted Blockchain Applications (INATBA).
Launched at the European Commission headquarters, INATBA will promote the use of blockchain technology by developing a predictable, transparent, and trust-based global framework.
Hosted at the European Commision Headquarters, the signing ceremony included a keynote speech from the European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, Mariya Gabriel, and remarks from Director-General, Roberto Viola.
“Since we view Blockchain as an important enabler of the Circular Economy and the Sustainable Development Goals, iPoint is very excited to be a founding member of INATBA,” comments Joerg Walden, CEO of iPoint and co-founder of Blockchain startup CircularTree.
“Blockchain has the potential to make products, processes, and services more trusted, transparent, and traceable and thereby stimulate new business models which can contribute to sustainable economic growth.”
“We are thrilled to see that over 100 companies and organisations have partnered together to help develop the framework for distributed ledger technologies in Europe,” continued Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society.
“It clearly signifies that blockchain technology will be a driving force for our economy in the coming years, and through INATBA we will be able to foster an environment that encourages the application of the technology across the EU member states.”
This initiative also has the strong support from leading international organisations. The European Commission, the World Bank, the OECD, the UN World Food Program, UNFCCC, UNICEF, the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the OECD have joined INATBA’s Governmental Advisory Board. All EU Member States and the European Blockchain Partnership are expected to join as governmental advisors.
The initiative for INATBA came from several participants in the EU Blockchain Industry Round Table, a European Commission hosted group, which has been working to identify the right conditions for blockchain technologies to flourish. The announcement by major Blockchain providers, large-scale users, start-ups and business and sectoral associations is a clear endorsement of the role INATBA will play in unlocking the potential of DLT across business and society.
The organisations listed below have declared their commitment to develop interoperability and sector-specific guidelines and standards, transparent and inclusive governance and ongoing constructive dialogue with authorities and regulators, to ensure that INATBA will be a significant driver of blockchain innovation and adoption internationally.
INATBA has mandated itself with three chief objectives:
- Promote an open, transparent and inclusive global model of governance for blockchain and other distributed ledger technology infrastructures and applications. A model that reflects the shared interests of stakeholders from industry, start-ups and SMEs, civil society organisations, governments and international organisations.
- Support the development and adoption of interoperability guidelines, specifications and global standards, to enhance trusted, traceable, user-centric digital services. Upholding an open, transparent and inclusive method of multi-stakeholder cooperation.
- Develop sector-specific guidelines and specifications for the development and acceleration of trusted sectorial blockchain and DLT applications in specific sectors (i.e. financial services, health, supply chain, energy and financial inclusion).
The 105 founding organisations include:
- 21 Consulting GmbH
- AB InBev (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- AboutGovernance B.V.
- ACCORD PROJECT, LLC
- ALIS Co., Ltd.
- Ambrosus (Represented by Innolab Engineering SARL)
- BANK FRICK & CO AG
- Barclays Services Limited
- BBFA LTD
- BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.)
- Berkeley Research Group (UK) Ltd. (thinkBRG)
- Billon Group Ltd
- Billon Sp. z o.o
- Bitfury Holding B.V.
- Blockchain Bundesverband e.v. (Bundesblock)
- Blockchain Centre Vilnius
- Blockchain Hungary Association
- BLOCKCHAIN ITALIA SRL
- Blockchance UG
- Boerse Stuttgart Digital Ventures GmbH
- BOTLabs GmbH
- BUIDL, Ltd.
- Caisse des dépôts et consignations
- CARDANO Stiftung
- CASHLINK Technologies GmbH
- Česká fintech asociace, z.s.
- Chaintip B.V.
- Climate Change Coalition (Novasphere)
- COALA (Coalition d’Applications Le´gales Automatise´es)
- COCIR (European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry)
- COCUS Aktiengesellschaft
- Coinarmy Bilisim Teknolojileri Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
- COMPELLIO SA
- ConsenSys AG
- Datafloq B.V.
- DECENT International, a.s.
- DEON DIGITAL
- Deutsche Börse AG
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- DIGITAL GRID Corporation
- DLC Distributed Ledger Consulting GmbH
- DNV GL Business Assurance Group AS
- ECLIPSE FOUNDATION
- ECSDA (European Central Securities Depositories Association)
- EFN (FEDERATION EUROPEENNE DES ASSOCIATIONS INFIRMIERES )
- ELECTRINA HOLDINGS DESIGNATED ACTIVITY COMPANY
- ENTERPRISE ETHEREUM ALLIANCE INC.
- ERTICO (European Road Transport Telematics Implementation Coordination
- EVAN GmbH
- Everis Belgique
- Fractal Blockchain GmbH
- Fujitsu Technology Solutions
- FUTURE ENERGY FOUNDATION LIMITED
- Gnosis Limited
- GuardTime AS
- Intesa SanPaolo
- IOTA Foundation
- IPDB Foundation e.V. (Interplanetary Database Foundation e.V.)
- iPoint-systems gmbh
- ITALIA 4 BLOCKCHAIN
- Jolocom GmbH
- Konfidio UG
- Kunfud Cero Seis, SL
- Lisk Stiftung
- Lukso Blockchain GmbH
- MADANA UG
- NEC EUROPE LTD
- Odilia GmbH
- ParkinGO International SA
- QPQ Limited
- QUANT NETWORK LTD
- R3 LLC
- Raoof Consultancy Limited
- Repsol SA
- Riddle & Code GmbH
- Ripple Labs Inc.
- RoyaltyRange (Intangible Range Ltd.)
- S. ESTEBAN CONSULTING LIMITED
- SAP SE
- SIA S.p.A.
- slock.it GmbH
- Sovrin Foundation
- Stablecoin Integration servies Danmark IVS
- Stichting FIBREE
- STOKR S.A.
- Summitto B.V.
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)
- Tangany GmbH
- TechGDPR DPC GmbH
- Telefónica SA
- Unibright IT GmbH
- Volksbank Mittweida eG
- WE.TRADE INNOVATION
- Yoti Ltd
The post 105 Organisations announce new Blockchain association INATBA appeared first on Payments Cards & Mobile.