A newer version of this product can be found here
National Interbank Payment System (UZKART).
Domestic Card Brand
- Historically, more than 80% of cards issued were domestic-only UzCard cards using Duet smart card technology. From 2015, UzCard cards are issued as EMV cards branded with the new UzCard logo.
- International cards, mainly VISA-branded, have only a small presence in the market.
- Although bank depositors’ funds are guaranteed by the state, the vast majority of payments are conducted in cash, reflecting widespread distrust of the banks.
- Agrobank and National Bank of Uzbekistan are the dominant banks.
- With its diversified economy and solid growth rates, Uzbekistan’s economy is less dependent on international money transfers than some neighbouring countries.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of EMV cards has started.
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017