- PROSTIR (Ukrainian Payments Area), formerly NSMEP.
- Ukrainian Interbank Payment Systems Member Association “EMA”
Domestic Card Brand
- PROSTIR cards (replacing NSMEP cards).
- UkrKart, cards, some are co-badged Maestro.
- PROSTIR / NSMEP, the domestic chip-based card scheme, has won increased support from the Ukrainian payments industry.
- The first MasterCard and VISA programmes were launched in 1997-8.
- In 2008-09, several major issuers were affected by the financial crisis. From 2014, consolidation of the bank sector following the ongoing economic and political crisis.
- PrivatBank is the biggest card issuer, followed by Oschadbank.
- Foreign banks with a significant presence, in addition to Raiffeisen, include UniCredit, BNP Paribas, OTP and, from Russia, Sberbank, VTB and Alfa Bank.
Notable Market Trends
- Rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals,
- MasterPass, HCE NFC pilots.
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017