SIX Group, the Swiss interbank organisation.
Aduno Group – interbank organisation of the Swiss regional banks
Domestic Payment Brands
PostFinance debit cards, CardDirect, some co-badged Plus.
Mobile payment app TWINT.
Swiss banks mainly issue Maestro debit cards, PostFinance, the banking arm of Swiss Post, issues its own PostFinance debit cards. Also, V PAY cards and Debit Mastercard cards are issued.
Decentralised infrastructure, composed of ten major issuer banks, four major acquirers, three processors, two ATM networks (Bankomat, Postomat), three POS network hubs.
Two Swiss banks are global players: UBS, Crédit Suisse.
SIX Payment Services is a leading European payment processor and acquirer. In 2013, SIX acquired PayLife Bank (A). In 2014 SIX became 100% owner of CETREL (L), and SIX is Bancontact acquirer in Belgium. In 2017, SIX purchased the acquiring business of Aduno Group (CH). In a strategic move, in 2018, SIX Group sold SIX Payment Services to Worldline for a 27% stake in Worldline (F).
Emerging Open Banking ecosystem.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless rollout: cards, POS terminals, HCE NFC pilots, Apple Pay, QR-Codes, mobile banking apps combined with payments, TWINT.
Statistical Key Figures for 2017 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2013-2017; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1 last updated 8th January 2019