- BDB Bankernas Depå.
- Bankomat AB, manages the Bankomat ATM network.
Domestic Card Brand
- Swedish debit cards are branded MasterCard, VISA, Debit MasterCard, Maestro, VISA Debit or Electron.
- Card use per capita is above the EU average and the fourth highest level in Europe.
- Sweden has a decentralized payment infrastructure with 15 major issuer banks, seven major acquirers, two major processors, two ATM networks, two POS networks, and more than 20 PSPs.
- Swedish banks focus both on cards and account-based payment services, including mobile banking app payment services.
- Nordea, Handelsbanken, SEB and Swedbank are the leading banking groups in the Nordic and Baltic regions.
- Swedbank and NETS are among the 10 largest acquirers in Europe ranked by transaction numbers and by values.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless cards and POS/MPOS terminals; immediate payments; digital wallets; immediate payments service Swish.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details