A newer version of this product can be found here
- Bankart is the processor of BA and Karanta cards.
- Activa is processor of Activa cards.
Domestic Card Brand
- Activa cards are co-badged Maestro, MasterCard, VISA or Electron;
- BA Maestro cards; Karanta cards co-badged MasterCard; there are also domestic-only cards with one of the three domestic brands.
- Three domestic card schemes and a significant market share for non-bank issued payment cards (American Express, Diners, others).
- Slovenia has the highest levels of card issuance and card use in central and eastern Europe.
- Including American Express and Diners cards, there were 4.57 million debit and credit cards at end-2015, equivalent to 2.21 cards per capita, with 81.2 card payments per capita in 2015.
- Pika private label cards are issued by Mercator, Slovenia’s biggest retail group.
- In 2015, foreign ownership of Slovenian banks is lower (33%) and state ownership higher (61%) than in other CEE countries.
- In 2016, privatisation of state-owned bank Nova KBM.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of Contactless cards and POS terminals, MPOS terminals.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details