A newer version of this product can be found here
ZBK, the Slovak Bank Card Association.
Domestic Card Brand
- Like other CEE markets, continued rapid growth of card use in Slovakia. By end-2015, the number of cards had reached 5.6 million and there are now 60.5 card payments per capita.
- Cards issued are credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards. Most cards are debit cards and use is increasing.
- Slovakia is one of the showcase markets for the adoption of contactless cards. 73.3% of all cards were contactless at end-2015.
- ZBK manages the national ATM and POS network built out of the two ATM/POS networks of SLSP and First Data Slovakia.
- The number of POS payments exceeded ATM withdrawals in 2007, though the value was much lower.
- Slovenská Sporitelna (SLSP), VUB and Tatra banka, the three largest banks, are owned respectively by Erste, Intesa Sanpaolo and Raiffeisen.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless rollout; MPOS terminals; HCE NFC pilots.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details