Polski Standard Platnosci, the BLIK operator.
Domestic Card Brands
Cardless BLIK and P24 payment schemes.
The number of debit cards has grown slowly in recent years, while credit cards reached a peak of 33% of the cards total by end-2009, falling to 14.25% at end-2018.
Poland is one of the pioneers of contactless card payments. 99.9% of all POS terminals installed were contactless as at end-2018. All banks issue contactless cards accounting for 84.09% of the cards total, and around 80% of all card payments were contactless.
Online bank transfers are the preferred online-payment services . With more than 8.89 million cards, PKO BP is the largest issuer and the biggest bank, followed by Bank Pekao and mBank.
Capped domestic interchange fees include commercial cards. In 2015, launch of a domestic card payment gateway, Inkart.
Two immediate payment systems are offered in Poland: bank-owned Express ELIXIR and BlueCash of FinTech Blue Media. Emerging Open Banking ecosystem. Consolidation more advanced than in comparable Central European markets.
Notable Market Trends
HCE NFC payments, Apple pay, Google Pay, contactless ATMs, card-less mobile banking app payments.
Statistical Key Figures for 2018 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2014-2018; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1 last updated 13th January 2020