A newer version of this product can be found here
Nordic processor NETS absorbed BBS in 2010.
Domestic Card Brand
- BankAxept debit cards; mostly co-badged VISA or Electron.
- BankAxess is the domestic online bank transfer service for payments on the internet.
- Cards with a debit function are predominant. The domestic BankAxept debit card system accounted for 75.5% of card transactions in Norway and abroad in 2015; including all debit cards, the proportion is 90.1%.
- Credit cards continued to grow in the past five years.
- Card use, already among the highest in Europe, hit 365.5 payments per capita (284.3 on BankAxept debit cards) in 2015.
Notable Market Trends
Mobile HCE NFC wallets; contactless BankAxept cards; card-less payments; tokenisation security; biometric cards
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details