A newer version of this product can be found here
At present, there is no interbank organization.
Domestic Card Brand
Four Maltese closed-loop mono-bank ATM/debit cards: Quikcash, Quicklink, Premier, Cashpoint
- Maltese banks have arranged authorization, clearing and settlement services directly with VISA and MasterCard.
- After increasing annually by on average of 25% until 2008, the growth rate of card payments achieved 12.1% in 2015.
- Cheque payments, which began to fall in 2008, were overtaken by card payments for the first time in 2010.
Notable Market Trends
Use of mono-bank debit cards at ATMs and POS terminals of the issuing bank. Implementation of 3D-Secure technology.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details