Domestic Card Brand
None. Domestic cards were phased-out 2009.
- The Lithuanian card market has a competitive, decentralized, infrastructure composed of seven major issuers, six major acquirers, card processors, three ATM networks and six major POS networks.
- The number of bank cards issued grew from 214,000 at end-1999 to 4.3 million by end-2008, since then the number has fallen back to 3.69 million in 2015.
- Debit cards dominate, accounting for 82.7% of cards at end-2015.
- As in the other Baltic states, the Swedish banks SEB and Swedbank are key players in the Lithuanian bank market.
- In 2015, Lithuania became the 19th member of the euro system.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless cards and POS/MPOS terminals has started.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details