Domestic Card Brand
No domestic card brands.
- The Latvian card market has a competitive, decentralized, infrastructure composed of eight major issuers, seven major acquirers, card processors, six ATM networks and four POS networks.
- The number of Latvian payment cards reached 2.38 million in 2015, slightly down from 2014 (but recovering to 2007 levels).
- In 2015, total bank cards issued were equivalent to 1.20 per capita; 72.0% of bank cards were debit cards.
- As in other Baltic states, the domestic banking market is dominated by the banks from Sweden.
- In 2014, Latvia became the 18th member of the Euro system.
Notable Market Trends
Rapid growth of card use; contactless pilots.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details