A newer version of this product can be found here
Interbank Card Processing Centre (ICPC).
Domestic Card Brand
- Elcard cards (Elkart);
- Interregional Zolotaya Korona cards.
- The Kyrgyz card payments market is at an early stage of development, and suffered a setback with the upheavals of 2010.
- However, the foundations have been laid for growth, with 17 banks issuing cards and 13 participating in the Elcard system.
- VISA is the dominant international brand.
- Zolotaya Korona is the interregional payment card system mostly used for money transfers. Some cards are co-branded Alai-Card.
- National Bank of Kyrgyz Republic, the central bank, is supervisor of the retail payments system and plays the lead role in its development.
- 16 Kyrgyz banks have foreign participation in their share capital, including banks from Turkey, Pakistan and Kazakhstan.
- With the withdrawal of UniCredit in March 2013, there is no major western bank presence. Foreign capital accounted for 36.5% of banking sector capital at end-2013.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless EMV cards and POS terminals has started.
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017