A newer version of this product can be found here
Interbank Card Processing Centre (ICPC).
Domestic Card Brand
Altyn Card, SmartAlemCard.
- Though several banks issue proprietary domestic debit cards, nearly all cards are internationally-branded.
- Three banks have started to issue UnionPay cards.
- VISA predominates, with market share of 77.6%. Central bank figures show that only 49.2% of cards issued are classed as active.
- The five largest banks – Kazkommertsbank+BTA, Halyk Bank, Tsesnabank, Sberbank KZ and Bank CenterCredit - accounted for 62.5% of banking sector assets as at December 2015.
- Of the top 10 banks, Kaspi Bank and Sberbank are Russian-controlled, while Kookmin Bank of Korea is the biggest shareholder in Bank CenterCredit.
- Following UniCredit’s disposal of ATF Bank in March 2013, there is no substantial western-owned retail bank in Kazakhstan.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless cards has started.
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017