A newer version of this product is available here
Groupement des Cartes Bancaires, the interbank organisation.
STET, the interbank CSM processor, absorbed SERS2 in 2015.
Domestic Card Brand
“CB” is the domestic card scheme of the French banks.
French private cards issued by French consumer finance banks.
Most bank cards are debit and delayed debit cards dual co-badged “CB” and with an international card brand.
Card use is high, with 8.8-times more card payments than cash withdrawals. There were 169.5 payments per CB card per year.
The leading five French banking groups are among the top 35 largest banks in the world.
In 2017, contactless cards were 68.4% of the “CB” cards total.
Issuing and acquiring is core business of all French banks.
Emerging Open Banking ecosystem.
Notable Market Trends
Mobile HCE NFC card payments, Paylib, Lyf Pay, Apple Pay.
Statistical Key Figures for 2018 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2014-2018; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1 last updated 13th January 2020