- Groupement des Cartes Bancaires, the interbank organization.
- STET S.A., the interbank processors, absorbed SERS2 in 2015.
Domestic Card Brand
- “CB” is the domestic bank card brand and card system. CB is one of the largest card schemes in the European Union.
- French private cards, issued by consumer finance institutions.
- Most bank cards are debit and delayed debit cards dual co-badged “CB” and with an international card brand.
- Credit cards include co-branded French private cards issued largely by consumer finance banks of the big French banks.
- Card use is high, with six-times more card payments than cash withdrawals. There were 151.6 payments per CB card per year.
- The leading five French banking groups are among the 35 largest banks in the world.
- In 2015, contactless cards were 59.2% of the cards total.
- Issuing and acquiring is core business of all French banks.
Notable Market Trends
HCE NFC payments, Paylib, MasterPass, ApplePay.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details