- Automatia (ATM network); Finnish Bankers Association.
- Federation of Finnish Financial Services (FFI).
Domestic Card Brand
- Sophisticated market with high level of card use.
- Cards with combined debit/credit functions for domestic and international use respectively. In 2015, 40% of all cards are contactless cards.
- Numbers of ATMs and cash withdrawals have been declining.
- The Finnish banks divested from interbank organization Luottokunta. Prior to that, Luottokunta’s issuer and acquirer business was transferred back to the individual Finnish banks.
- NETS, the Pan-Nordic processor, acquired Luottokunta in August 2012 – Luottokunta was rebranded as NETS Oy.
- In January 2014, SEB Kort bought the EuroCard corporate card business from NETS Oy.
- In June 2015, Nordea Group sold its merchant acquiring business to the acquirer unit Teller of NETS, its card processor.
- The three largest banks account for 93.3% of the sector assets.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless rollout of cards and POS terminals; MPOS terminals; HCE NFC pilots, immediate payments service Siirto.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details