NETS Estonia, previously named Pankade Kaardikeskus AS (PKK)
Domestic Card Brand
No domestic card brands
- Estonia is the most developed digital market in the Baltic region.
- The Estonian card market has a competitive, decentralized infrastructure composed of seven major issuers, five major acquirers, card processors and four major ATM/POS networks.
- There were 1.40 cards per capita in 2015 and 201.1 card payments per capita, of which 182.6 were by debit cards
- 79.6% of cards are debit cards; however, banks need to consolidate credit cards, as nearly 34.5% are inactive.
- Swedbank and SEB Pank dominate the Estonian banking sector
- Merger of Nordea Pank and DNB Pank announced at end-2016.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals; MPOS terminals.
Updated Information About:Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details