BOKIS, interbank organization of the small Danish banks.
Domestic Card Brand
Dankort debit cards; co-badged VISA for international use.
Card use, already among the highest in Europe, hit 329.5 card payments per capita (212.1 on Dankort debit cards) in 2016.
Transformation of the Dankort scheme from 2016: contactless cards, mobile HCE NFC payments, use of BLE technology.
NETS Group manages and processes the Dankort scheme.
The Danish banks transferred the acquiring of Dankort cards in 2005 to Teller which also acquires internationally branded cards.
In March 2014, the Danish and Norwegian banks sold NETS for $3.1 billion to the private equity investors Advent International, Bain Capital and ATP. Following the IPO in 2016, NETS Group was partly owned by other investors. In September 2017, NETS Group agreed a $5.3 billion bid from private equity investor.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless rollout has started; MPOS terminals; HCE NFC pilots;
Mobile payment apps MobilePay, Swipp, immediate payments.
Statistical Key Figures for 2016 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2012-2016; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.0.0 last updated 2nd December 2017