BOKIS, interbank organization of the small Danish banks.
Domestic Card Brand
Dankort debit cards; co-badged VISA for international use.
- Card use, already among the highest in Europe, hit 300.3 card payments per capita (213.4 on Dankort debit cards) in 2015.
- Transformation of the Dankort scheme from 2016: contactless cards, mobile HCE NFC payments, use of BLE technology.
- NETS manages and processes the Dankort scheme.
- The Danish banks transferred the acquiring of Dankort cards in 2005 to Teller which also acquires internationally branded cards.
- In March 2014, the Danish and Norwegian banks sold NETS for $3.1 billion to the private equity investors Advent International, Bain Capital and ATP. Following the IPO in 2016, NETS is partly sold to other investors.
Notable Market Trends
- Contactless rollout has started; MPOS terminals; HCE NFC pilot;
- Mobile payment apps MobilePay, Swipp; immediate payments
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details