SBK Czech Bank Card Association (SBK/BCA).
Domestic Card Brand
No domestic card scheme
Continued growth of card use. By end-2019, there were 12.98 million cards with 119.2 card payments per capita.
Cards issued are credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards. 87.92% of cards are debit cards that are increasingly used. According to SBK/BCA, 93.47% of cards were contactless cards at end-2019.
The largest Czech banks are owned by European bank groups: ČSOB by KBC (B), Komerční Banka by Société Générale (F), Česká spořitelna by Erste Group (A), Société Générale and UniCredit Bank (I).
The three large banks dominate the market, with Česká spořitelna accounting for 22.60% of cards issued in 2019.
Reshaped Czech acquirer market: in 2016, acquiring joint ventures were established: REVO (Raiffeisen/EVO Payments), Erste/Global Payments/Comercia, KB SmartPay (Komerční Banka/Worldline).
Emerging Open Banking ecosystem. Sector consolidation comparatively advanced compared to neighbouring markets.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout: contactless cards, POS terminals, MPOS terminals,
HCE NFC payments, banking apps, instant payments, Open Banking
STATISTICAL KEY FIGURES FOR 2019 PROVIDED IN THIS PROFILE:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2015-2019; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1 last updated 19th January 2021