EGCP, formerly the Croatian interbank processor MBU, is the shared group card processor of Erste Group (A).
Domestic Card Brand
MBCARD debit cards, mostly co-badged Maestro.
- Croatia is a showcase market for American Express through its agreement with PBZ, which has issued over 500,000 Amex cards.
- Erste Bank acquired the rival Diners Club Adriatic in 2007.
- There were 8.74 million Croatian cards at end-2015, equivalent to 2.07 cards per capita, one of the highest levels in CEE markets.
- All the major banks are owned by western banks. The heavily regulated Croatian banking sector faces consolidation pressure.
- In 2016, Intesa SanPaolo Group (I) sold processor ISP Card to private equity investors Advent and Bain Capital.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless rollout; MPOS terminals, HCE NFC pilot.
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017