PROSTIR (Ukrainian Payments Area), formerly NSMEP.
Ukrainian Interbank Payment Systems Member Association “EMA”
Domestic Card Brand
PROSTIR cards (replacing NSMEP cards).
UkrKart, cards, some are co-badged Maestro.
PROSTIR, the new domestic contactless card scheme, has won increased support from the Ukrainian payments industry.
The first Mastercard and VISA programmes were launched in 1997.
From 2014, consolidation of the banking sector following the economic and political crisis (2017: 82 banks, down by 14 from 96 in 2016).
PrivatBank is the biggest card issuer, followed by Oschadbank.
Foreign banks with a significant presence, in addition to Raiffeisen, include UniCredit, BNP Paribas, OTP and, from Russia, Sberbank, VTB and Alfa Bank.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals, PROSTIR cards, MasterPass, Apple Pay, Google Pay, BankID system.
Statistical Key Figures for 2017 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2013-2017; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.