JSC ‘Banking Processing Center’ (BPC)
Domestic Card Brand
BelKart cards, some banks co-badge BelKart with Maestro.
Cards issued reached 1.46 per capita in 2017, up from 0.36 in 2006. Debit cards predominate, and the BelKart scheme accounted for 40.9% of all cards. Only about 5% of cards issued are credit/charge cards.
Other than card payments, there are few electronic retail payments, but internet and mobile banking is spreading rapidly.
In February 2010, NBRB (National Bank of the Republic of Belarus) and CBRF, the Russian central bank, agreed on joint use of payment cards on their respective national payment systems in Belarus and Russia.
Nearly 56.7% of the banking sector assets is held by the two biggest banks, both of which are state-controlled.
The market share of foreign-owned banks accounted for 32% by total bank assets (state-owned banks: 65%).
Belarusbank issues 41.4% of all bank cards in Belarus and operates 28.7% of the national ATM network.
Priorbank, owned by Raiffeisen Bank International (A), is the only western-owned bank, and several Russian banks are present.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals, BelKart rollout, mobile HCE NFC pilots, SamsungPay
Statistical Key Figures for 2017 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2013-2017; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.