JSC ‘Banking Processing Center’ (BPC)
Domestic Card Brand
BelKart cards, some banks co-badge with Maestro.
- Cards issued reached 1.34 per capita in 2015, up from 0.82 in 2009. Debit cards predominate, and the BelKart scheme accounted for 42.7% of all cards. Only about 5% of cards issued are credit/charge cards. Other than card payments, there are few electronic retail payments, but internet and mobile banking is spreading rapidly.
- In February 2010, NBRB (National Bank of the Republic of Belarus) and CBRF, the Russian central bank, agreed on joint use of payment cards on their respective national payment systems in Belarus and Russia. Nearly 56.9% of the banking sector assets is held by the two biggest banks, both of which are state-controlled.
- The market share of foreign-owned banks accounted for 35% by total assets. Belarusbank issues 38.5% of all bank cards in Belarus and operates 28.9% of the national ATM network.
- Priorbank, owned by Raiffeisen Bank International (A), is the only western-owned bank, and several Russian banks are present.
Notable Market Trends
- Rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals has started;
- one SIM SE NFC payment pilot, one mobile HCE NFC pilot.
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017