- AzeriCard, owned by International Bank of Azerbaijan;
- MilliKart, owned by 17 banks and EBRD.
Domestic Card Brand
- VISA and MasterCard are the principal payment cards issued in Azerbaijan. American Express cards and Diners Club are also issued.
- Based on central bank figures, there were 6 million cards in Azerbaijan by end-2014, an increase of 5.2% on 2013.
- An estimated 50% of cards are VISA-branded.
- Salary cards have been widely introduced in Azerbaijan.
- CBA, the central bank, has been mandated to promote electronic payments, with a focus on payments for state services and extension of payment facilities to the mass market.
- State-controlled International Bank of Azerbaijan is the dominant player, several times the size of Kapital Bank, the next biggest.
- Foreign bank investors, headed by Turkish banks and international organizations, are present in the market.
Notable Market Trends
- Rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals has started;
- MPOS terminal pilots
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017