- Card complete Service Bank AG (formerly VISA Austria)
- Payment Services Austria (PSA)
Domestic Card Brand(s)
- None (Maestro is used as debit card brand, since 1998).
- Phase-out of electronic purse Quick by end of July 2017.
- Most bank cards are debit cards; most credit cards are charge cards. Maestro debit card use is the fastest growing market segment.
- The Austrian banks sold PayLife Bank to the Swiss SIX Group. In September 2015, PayLife Bank was rebranded as SIX Payment Services (Austria).
- Bank Austria, Erste Bank and Raiffeisen, the major Austrian bank players, have built up large banking networks in the CEE/CIS region.
- Significant restructuring processes in the Volksbank sector, in the Raiffeisen sector (merger RZB/RBI) and at Bank Austria.
Noteable Market Trends
- Contactless: Quick cards, Maestro cards, POS Terminals
- Maestro cards with contactless functions PayPass and Quick.
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017