DOMESTIC CARD BRAND
ArCa cards; from 2017, some ArCa cards are co-badged MIR.
VISA is the dominant card brand followed by ArCa and Mastercard.
Cards per capita are growing from a small base, but reached only 0.81 in 2019.
Payment cards account for 47.9% of non-cash payments, with credit transfers accounting for 34.7% in 2019.
The Central Bank of Armenia plays a key role in the payment card system as regulator and majority-owner of ArmenianCard.
NOTABLE MARKET TRENDS
Rollout of contactless cards, POS terminals, cards co-badged MIR, e-commerce.
STATISTICAL KEY FIGURES FOR 2019 PROVIDED IN THIS PROFILE
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2015-2019; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
Version 1.1 - last updated Friday 15th January 2021