Domestic Card Brand
ArCa cards; from 2017, some ArCa cards are co-badged MIR.
VISA is the dominant card brand followed by ArCa and Mastercard.
Cards per capita are growing from a small base, but reached only 0.58 in 2017.
67.0% of non-cash payments are credit transfers, with card payments accounting for 32.9%.
The Central Bank of Armenia plays a key role in the payment card system as regulator and majority-owner of ArmenianCard.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless cards, POS terminals, and cards co-badged MIR.
Statistical Key Figures for 2017 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2013-2017; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details