A newer version of this product can be found here
Payment OrganisationArmenianCard (ArCa).
Domestic Card BrandArCa debit cards, ArCa credit cards
Market StructureVISA is the dominant card brand followed by ArCa.
Cards per capita are growing from a small base, but reached only 0.53 in 2016.
70.8% of non-cash payments are credit transfers, with card payments accounting for 29.2%.
The Central Bank of Armenia plays a key role in the payment card system as regulator and majority-owner of ArmenianCard.
Notable Market TrendsContactless cards and POS terminals
Statistical Key Figures for 2016 provided in this profile:• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2012-2016; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details