Domestic Card Brand
ArCa debit cards, ArCa credit cards
- VISA is the dominant card brand followed by ArCa.
- Cards per capita are growing from a small base, but reached only 0.58 in 2015.
- 73.6% of non-cash payments are credit transfers, with card payments accounting for 26.4%.
- The Central Bank of Armenia plays a key role in the payment card system as regulator and majority-owner of ArmenianCard.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless cards and POS terminals
Updated Information About:
Major Issuers, Major Acquirers, Major Processors and Consumer Finance indicator.
Statistical Key Figures for 2015 provided in this profile:
- UPDATED: tables with card business data 2011-2015; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
- ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
- POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
- Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
- Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
- Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
- Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1(090117) last updated 9th January 2017