A newer version of this product can be found here
THE PAN-EURASIAN OVERVIEW PROVIDES A COMPARATIVE EURASIAN OVERVIEW ON CARD BUSINESS
The regional overview contains 51 pages of analysis and statistics, with charts, diagrams and tables covering cards issued, ATM and POS transaction data, acquisition and acceptance.
In addition to the country profiles, the Regional Overview includes regional statistics:
- Regional overview, covering banking trends, bank ownership, investment by western banks, cross-border investment by CIS banks, other private investment, multilateral banks and agencies, and CIS growth prospects.
- Payment cards overview, including cards issued, number of payments per country, expenditure on cards by country and a variety of per capita figures.
- Acquisition and acceptance, a section reviewing POS and ATM statistics.
Payment Cards Overview
A section including debit and credit cards including comparative tables of issued cards, number of payments per country, expenditure on cards by country and a variety of per capita figures. Additionally this section provides high level background regarding:
- Prepaid cards and contactless cards
- Electronic Purses – the End-Game
- International schemes
- Card fraud figures
- Cards and remote payments on the (mobile) internet
- The e-Payment mix of remote payments
- Cards and mobile payments – classification and trend options
A section consisting of an outline of the evolution of interbank payment organizations and a summary of the role of the international schemes. Additionally this section provides background regarding:
- M&A activity among processors
- Domestic card schemes
- EuLegal framework for issuers
A section reviewing card acquiring, the acquirer infrastructure and selected comparative POS and ATM statistics.
Eurasian Banking Overview
A discussion of retail banking trends, including updated cross-border M&A activity, selected consumer lending data and a snapshot of the leading banks. Additionally this section hightlights important market trends in banking from a payment industry point of view.
- Internet banking , mobile banking
- Multi-channel self service banking online and onsite
- Banks and NFC technology
- Banks and digtal wallets
Statistical Key Figures 2017
Provided in the overview section include:
- UPDATED: comparative tables with data 2013-2017; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
- Cards by Region and Per Capita; Regional Credit/Debit Card Market Summary
- Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
- Card payments by number and by value; ATMs, POS terminals
- ATM withdrawals by number/by value
- POS payments by number/by value
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.2 last updated 7th January 2019