SIX Payment Services S.A. (formerly CETREL).
Domestic Card Brand
The banks in Luxembourg opted for V PAY as debit card brand.
SIX Payment Services S.A. manages the Bancomat POS and ATM infrastructure, acts as acquirer, and offers card processing and issuer services to issuers in Luxembourg and in Europe.
Card use at the POS in Luxembourg is high. Because of Luxembourg’s location and financial services-based economy, visitors make a high proportion of transactions.
In 2007, PayPal became an e-money institution licensed by CSSF of Luxembourg, but now owns a bank licence.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of contactless cards and POS terminals;
Card-less payments (Mybank, DIGICASH); card-less ATMs;
Omni-channel, Open Banking, Open API, immediate payments
Statistical Key Figures for 2016 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2012-2016; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.0.0 last updated 2nd December 2017