BOKIS, interbank organisation of the small Danish banks.
MobilePay Denmark, operator of the mobile payment service, MobilePay.
Domestic Card Brand
Dankort debit cards; co-badged VISA for international use.
Card use, already among the highest in Europe, hit 386.2 card payments per capita (233.7 on Dankort cards) in 2019, the second highest in Europe.
Transformation of the Dankort scheme from 2015: contactless cards, mobile HCE NFC payments, and use of BLE technology.
NETS Group manages and processes the Dankort scheme.
The Danish banks transferred the acquiring of Dankort cards in 2005 to Teller, which also acquires internationally branded cards.
In March 2014, the Danish and Norwegian banks sold NETS for $3.1 billion to the private equity investors Advent International, Bain Capital and ATP. Following the IPO in 2016, NETS Group was partly owned by other investors. In September 2017, NETS Group agreed a $5.3 billion bid from private equity investor. In August 2019, Mastercard acquired NETS real-time payments business.
MobilePay is the domestic mobile payment service in Denmark.
Emerging Open Banking ecosystem.
Notable Market Trends
Contactless rollout: cards, MPOS terminals, HCE NFC pilots,
mobile payment apps, MobilePay, Immediate Payments.
STATISTICAL KEY FIGURES FOR 2019 PROVIDED IN THIS PROFILE:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2015-2019; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.1 last updated 19th January 2021