National Interbank Payment System (UZKART).
Domestic Card Brand
Historically, more than 80% of cards issued were domestic-only UzCard cards using Duet smart card technology. From 2015, UzCard cards are issued as EMV cards branded with the new UzCard logo. From 2018, UzCards are co-badged with UnionPay.
International cards, mainly VISA-branded, have only a small presence in the market.
Although bank depositors’ funds are guaranteed by the state, the vast majority of payments are conducted in cash, reflecting widespread distrust of the banks.
Agrobank and National Bank of Uzbekistan are the dominant banks.
With its diversified economy and solid growth rates, Uzbekistan’s economy is less dependent on international money transfers than some neighbouring countries.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of UzCard EMV cards, contactless cards and POS terminals.
Statistical Key Figures for 2018 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2014-2018; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.