National Payments Council Association.
National Payment Card System (NCPS).
DOMESTIC CARD BRAND
MIR cards, also co-badged Mastercard, VISA, JCB, or UnionPay.
Zolotaya Korona “Golden Crown” cards
Most cards are issued under ‘payroll schemes’ and are primarily used for cash withdrawals, though POS payments are growing rapidly year by year.
Credit card issuance has increased as well.
In 2016, the Russian banks started the domestic MIR card payments system, designed to take on VISA and Mastercard.
Sberbank, the Savings Bank of the Russian Federation, dominates the retail banking market, followed by VTB Bank.
Alfa-Bank is the biggest private bank. Société Générale (Rosbank), UniCredit and Raiffeisen have the biggest western-owned networks.
Mobile wallet apps are offered by all leading Russian banks.
The state, CBR and Russian banks setup a FinTech Association for the development and introduction of digital technological solutions.
Ongoing and significant consolidation in terms of the number of banks.
Increasing levels of state ownership through consolidation.
NOTABLE MARKET TRENDS
Contactless rollout: MIR cards, POS terminals, HCE NFC pilots,
money transfer card-to-card at ATMs, ‘Huawei Pay. Instant Payments, biometric payments.
STATISTICAL KEY FIGURES FOR 2019 PROVIDED IN THIS PROFILE
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2015-2019; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.
1.2 last updated 17th February 2021