Interbank Card Processing Centre (ICPC).
Domestic Card Brand
Elcard cards (Elkart), from 2016, also co-badged UnionPay
Interregional Zolotaya Korona cards, many co-badged AlaiCard
The Kyrgyz card payments market is at an early stage of development, and suffered a setback with the upheavals of 2010.
However, the foundations have been laid for growth, with 17 banks issuing cards and 13 participating in the Elcard system.
VISA is the dominant international brand.
Zolotaya Korona is the interregional payment card system mostly used for money transfers. Some cards are co-branded Alai-Card.
National Bank of Kyrgyz Republic, the central bank, is supervisor of the retail payments system and plays the lead role in its development.
18 Kyrgyz banks have foreign participation in their share capital, including banks from Turkey, Pakistan and Kazakhstan.
With the withdrawal of UniCredit in March 2013, there is no major western bank presence. Foreign capital accounted for 32.2% of banking sector capital at mid-2019.
Notable Market Trends
Rollout of Elcard cards, contactless cards and POS terminals.
Statistical Key Figures for 2018 provided in this profile:
• UPDATED: tables with card business data 2014-2018; growth rates: Y-o-Y, CAGR
• Population, Cards per Capita, Card Value per Capita
• Debit Cards, Credit/Delayed Debit Cards, Total Cards
• Card payments by number and by value, ATV per card, payments per card/year
• ATMs, POS terminals, ATMs/POS terminals per 1 million capita
• ATM withdrawals by number/by value, ATV per withdrawal, TXs per ATM/month
• POS payments by number/by value, ATV per POS payment, TXs per POS/month
• Internet Use, e-payment mix, B2C e-Commerce by value and growth rate
• Issued Card brands by individual major issuer bank
• Accepted card brands by individual major acquirer
• Drill down into the debit card use and credit cards use details
Digital product provided in PDF format. You will receive a download link to a zip file containing your files after checkout.